Himachal Pradesh GK- HP GK – Himachal Pradesh History Questions test series 2-
|Himachal Pradesh History Questions test series 2|
1. In which year did Alexander step on the banks of river Beas?
a) 326 BC
Answer – 326BC
2. A stupa built by Ashoka in the Paonta Valley of Himachal Pradesh, where did that stupa was moved by Muslim ruler in Delhi?
a) Chandni Chowk
c) Firoz Shah Kotla
Answer – Firoz Shah Kotla
3. In what year did Hiuentsang travel to India?
a) 629 BC
b) 292 BC
c) 629 AD
d) 922 AD
Answer – 629 BC
4. After the disintegration of Gupta Empire in 480-490, who among the following Established himself as a powerful ruler?
Answer – Toramana
5. Who was Toramana?
a) A Hun invader of the fifth century and Emperor
b) A historian of Gupta dynasty
c) A chieftain of Alexander’s army
d) A monk Tartar, a monk preacher of Buddhism in China
Answer – A Hun invader of the fifth century and Emperor.
6. In its description, who has described the Trigarta as “a state 267 miles long from east to west and 213 miles wide from north to south”?
Answer – Hiuentsang.
7. How long was the fort of Nagarkot occupied by the Turks (Mahmud Ghaznavi)?
a) Till 1192 AD
b) Till 1043 AD
c) Till 1092 AD
d) Till 1143 AD
Answer – Till 1043 AD.
8. The fort of Kangra was captured and looted by Mahmud Ghaznavi in which year?
Answer – 1009.
9. By which Indian emperor the Kulindas, Yodayas and Arjunayas were forced to accept his sovereignty?
a) Chandragupta Maurya
c) Mahapatra Nanda
Answer – Samudragupta.
10. In 1009 AD, who among the following robbed Nagarkot (Kangra)?
a) Muhammad Ghori
b) Mahmud Ghaznavi
c) Nadir shah
d) Ahmed Shah Abdali
Answer – Mahmud Ghaznavi.
11. Why was Hindu king Jaipal of the Shahia dynasty forced to make an abusive treaty with the ruler of Ghazni, Subuktagin.?
a) Due to the rebellion of one of their warlords
b) Due to the death of son
c) Due to lack of funds
d) Due to icy storm
Answer – Due to icy storm.
12. Mahmud Ghaznavi’s army destroyed which temple in Kangra?
Answer – Brajeshwari.
13. When Feroz Shah Tughlaq’s son Nasir-u-Din was ousted from power by his cousins around 1387, where did he take refuge?
Find the correct answer using codes
(i) In the hills of Sirmaur.
(ii) In Kangra Fort.
(iii) In the fort of Maloun
a) Only (1) is correct.
b) Only (ii) is correct.
c) Only (iii) is correct.
d) Both (i) and (ii) are correct
Answer – Both (i) and (ii) are correct
14. Who was the king of Kangra at the time of the Kangra invasion of Ferozeshah Tughlaq?
a) Parab chand
b) Roop chand
c) Prithvi Chand
d) Megh Chand
Answer – Roop chand
15. Which Mughal ruler of Nagarkot in the late 14th century Besieged the fort for six months and eventually forced its ruler to surrender?
a) Allaudin Khiliji
b) Mahmud Ghaznavi
d) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
Answer – Firoz Shah Tughlaq
16. Which ruler of Nurpur was a contemporary of Sikander Lodi?
Answer – Bhilpal
17. When did Muhammad-bin-Tughlaq win the Kangra fort?
Answer – 1337.
18. Who was the king of Kangra at the time of Muhammad bin Tughluq (1337 AD)?
Answer – Prithvichand
19. In 1337 A.D. Which Muslim ruler captured Kangra (Nagarkot) Fort?
a) Muhammad bin Tughlaq
c) Mahmud Ghaznavi
d) Muhammad Gauri
Answer – Muhammad bin Tughlaq
20. Those 1300 Sanskrit Books which were translated into Persian by the orders of Ferozeshah Tughlaq were kept in which of the following temples?
Answer – Jawalamukhi.
21. Which ruler of the hill princely states of Punjab, who was held hostage in the Mughal court, is given the title of ‘Mia’ by which ruler?
Answer – Jahangir
22. In 1588-89 AD, which king of Kangra organized all the hill chiefs from Jammu to Kangra against Akbar?
a) Vidhi Chandra
b) Trilok Chandra
c) Jay Chandra
d) Bhim Chandra
Answer – Vidhi Chandra.
23. Which miracle recovered the Mughal Emperor Akbar from Jamlu as royal revenue , forced him to return the lost gold coin?
a) Exceptionally moving of royal palaces
b) Lightning from the clear sky
c) Snowfall of Agra city
d) All the members of the royal family hunger stop
Answer – Snowfall of Agra city
24. Which princely ruler helped Mughal Emperor Jahangir to take over the fort of Kangra?
Answer – Nurpur
25. Shah Jahan, in 1645 AD, which king of the princely state of Nurpur was sent to control the Uzbeks of Balkh?
a) Jagat Singh
b) Basdev (Vasu)
c) Rajroop Singh
d) Prithvi Singh
Answer – Jagat Singh.
26. The king of which princely state considered like son by the wife of Darashikoh ?
Answer – Nurpur
27. Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1572 AD, provided whom Kangra as Jagir?
Answer – Birbal
28. Who was the commander of the Mughal army which subdued the Kangra Fort in 1620 AD?
a) Shah Kulikhan
b) Sheikh Farid
c) Mirza Rustam Kandhari
d) Nawab Ali Khan
Answer – Nawab Ali Khan
29. Which Mughal emperor imprisoned Jaichand, the ruler of Kangra?
d) Shah Jahan
Answer – Akbar.
30. Which king of Himachal was given the title of Chhatrapati by Aurangzeb?
a) Pahad Chand
b) Padam Singh
c) Sumer Chand
d) Kehri Singh
Answer – Kehri Singh.