Waterfalls and Springs of Himachal Pradesh || Most Important Questions related to Waterfalls and Springs in Himachal Pradesh
|Waterfalls and Springs of Himachal Pradesh|
Waterfalls/ Springs (associated with the river)
District / Location
Vashistha (on the left bank of Vyas river)
Kheer Ganga (associated with Parvati river)
Kasol (associated with Parvati river)
Manikaran (right bank of Parvati river)
Jeori (Near Annu drain)
Shimla (Rampur Bushar)
Shimla (Summer hill)
Kangra (Mcleod Ganj)
Jwalamukhi (near Vyas river)
Lunani (It was discovered by Captain A. Colman)
Tattapani (right bank of Sutlej)
Warm (containing sulfur)
Kalath (right bank of Vyas river)
not too hot nor too cold
Behna (on the banks of Sutlej)
Kullu (External Siraj)
- Lund and Dadrana water Springs are located in Bilaspur district.
- Deikund is located near Dalhousie (Chamba).
- Manikaran water spring have radioactivity. Manikaran means earrings. Parvati’s earrings fell here. Its water started boiling due to the anger of Shiva and thousands of maniyan came out of the tank.
- With Vashistha water spring there is a temple of sage Vashistha and Lord Rama. Laxman’s fireball caused a burst of hot water Spring here.
- Shiva son Kartikeya did penance in Kheerganga.
Most Important Questions related to Waterfalls and Springs in Himachal Pradesh
Q.1 Where is Bhagsunath waterfall located?
Q.2 Where is ‘Vasistha’ hot water spring located?
Answer – In Kullu district.
Q.3 Which is the largest hot water source of Himachal Pradesh?
Answer – Manikaran (Kullu) .
Q.4 Which place in Himachal Pradesh is famous for hot water sources?
Q.5 ‘Tattapani’ is located in which part of Mandi district?
Q.6 ‘Rahala Falls’ is situated on the bank of which city?