Stay ahead of the game with the latest current affairs in Himachal Pradesh. Get updates on the resolution of the Adani Group’s cement plant, the inauguration of a high-tech surveillance center, and the proposal for a double lane tunnel between Kangra and Chamba. Read now to stay informed!
Adani’s cement plant will open in Himachal after 65 days: new rates of freight fixed
- Adani Group cement companies and truck operators resolved their 65-day-long dispute over freight rates.
- New freight rates were fixed at Rs 9.30 per tonne per kilometer and Rs 10.30 per kilometer per tonne.
- The resolution will allow Adani’s cement plant to open soon, boosting the state’s economy.
CM Sukhu inaugurated Integrated Surveillance and Crime Response Center in Mandi
- Chief Minister Thakur Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu inaugurated Vyomnetra, a high-tech Integrated Surveillance and Crime Response Centre in Old Police Line, Mandi.
- The center, built at a cost of three crores, will enhance the state’s disaster response capacity with better communication and monitoring.
- The system will monitor entry and exit points through 250 cameras installed across the city, improving security and safety for citizens.
- HP Current Affairs 19 March 2023: Latest News and Updates
- HP Current Affairs 14 March 2023: E-waste Collection, Supplementary Budget, and Corona Alert
- HP Current Affairs 13 March 2023: Disaster Relief, School Uniforms, and Paragliding Championship
- HP Current Affairs 12 March 2023: Snow Marathon at Sissu & Water Cess on Hydel Projects
Double lane tunnel will be built between Kangra-Chamba; NH wing prepared the proposal
- The Public Works Department proposed to construct a double lane tunnel between Kangra and Chamba after the success of the Atal Tunnel in Himachal.
- The proposal aims to improve the movement on this route, especially during heavy snowfall between Holi in Chamba and Utrala in Kangra.
- If the central government approves the proposal, construction work will start in the coming financial year, providing better connectivity and accessibility for citizens.
What was the dispute between Adani Group cement companies and truck operators in Himachal Pradesh?
The dispute was over freight rates, which was resolved after 65 days, and new rates were fixed at Rs 9.30 per tonne per kilometer and Rs 10.30 per kilometer per tonne.
What is Vyomnetra, and where is it located?
Vyomnetra is an Integrated Surveillance and Crime Response Centre built in Old Police Line, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh. It was inaugurated by Chief Minister Thakur Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu.
Why is the Public Works Department proposing to construct a double lane tunnel between Kangra and Chamba?
The proposal aims to improve the movement on this route, especially during heavy snowfall between Holi in Chamba and Utrala in Kangra. The construction of the tunnel will provide better connectivity and accessibility for citizens.
What is the Adani Group?
The Adani Group is a conglomerate of companies headquartered in India that operates in diverse industries such as energy, infrastructure, logistics, and agribusiness.
How many cameras are installed in the Integrated Surveillance and Crime Response Centre in Mandi?
250 cameras are installed across the city to monitor entry and exit points.
How much did the construction of the Integrated Surveillance and Crime Response Centre in Mandi cost?
The centre was built at a cost of three crores.
Who is the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh?
The Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh is Thakur Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu.
Stay updated with the latest news and information by joining our Telegram community, where we also conduct daily quizzes to test your knowledge. If you prefer to stay connected through WhatsApp, we have a community for that too. Join us now using the links below:
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to stay informed and test your knowledge!